In this d.i.y post, I will show you how to make a bow pillow. This is a great project to add a touch of flair to your bedroom or living space. I am also giving out some free gifts for your home that I am sure you are going to love. Let me know what you think.
The supplies you will need for this project are:
1. Fabric Scissors
2. A pre-made pillow
3. Sewing machine
4. A hand needle
5.Fabric (1/2 yard of woven fabric )
7. Tape Measure
8 PolyFil (Optional)
1. Measure the width of your pre-made pillow. Add 1 1/4 inches to the total for ease and seam allowance. For example, my pillow's width is 19 inches + 1 1/4 inches = 20 1/4 inches.
2. Measure the length of your pre-made pillow. Add 3/4 inch to the total for ease and seam allowance. For example, my pillow length is 19 inches + 3/4inche = 19 3/4 inches
3. To save fabric, you are going to use the cross grain. Lay you fabric on a flat surface. Next following the crossgrain, measure down 25 inches, and measure up 7 inches. Cut two pieces of fabric to equal these measurements.
8. Press fabric so that it will lay flat
11. Sew 1/4 inch basting stitch to secure fabric pieces in place.
12. Fold fabric face to face (wrong side is faced up). Sew each side seam with 1/2 seam allowance.
13. Turn fabric to right side. Press seams flat.
14. Fold the top of the fabric edges down. Pin in place.
15. Hand stitch the top edge of the fabric closed.
16. Tie the two side pieces of fabric in a bow.
You have just completed the DIY Home Decor Bow Pillow.
Check out the video for more information. This video was sponsored by http://www.hingeheads.com